CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The End of a Season

The basketball season has now finally come to an end! We had a great season, and our JV team ending up winning the state championship. They were playing the only team that had beat them and that team was undefeated. Our boys played well and they won 36-30. It was a great game and completely worth the trip to Clearwater.
After three years of coaching cheerleading, the squad I had this year was head and shoulders above the other ones. While I won't argue that cheerleading is a sport, it is HARD WORK and all too often these girls and their effort are overlooked . Keeping a crowd alive when the team is losing can be a difficult task, but these girls did a great job through all of the different circumstances. At the end of last year I was thinking, "I just don't think I'm going to do this next year." and at the end of this year I am already excited about next year! We are going to have a camp this summer and I want to do more stuff with the girls when we have a house and a yard.
These are my girls. Dede, the girl on the top row 2nd from the right, was my captain. She is a senior this year and will be so very missed. Katie who is to the right of Dede, is a Sophomore (woo-hoo!) and I call her my "4th quarter beast." I have no idea where it came from, but at the end of every game this wonderful monster would come out and keep everything moving (and LOUD!).
The girls after cheering for the JV championship.
Billy, the girl in the air, was so wonderful to let us just throw her around any way we wanted to! This was our favorite stunt. She would twist and fall and the girls in front would catch her. Pretty neato.
The girls keeping the crowd alive.
The FCC JV Boys Basketball Champions!
After the championship game we drove to the beach in Clearwater. Rain was forecasted so we weren't prepared to go to the beach. So I just took Rusty's shirt off and rolled up his pantslegs. Turned out pretty cute. Like Tom Sawyer on the beach.



This was Sunday afternoon outside. His knot looks better every day. Just going down on its own.

Hope everyone has a good week!









2 comments:

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...

We were so glad to be done with BB season a couple of weeks ago too! Now we are in revival, but maybe soon we will have a break!!! I enjoyed the pictures as always!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Looks like a great basketball season and group of girls. I really, really like the pictures on the beach...so cute in the overalls. Colton had a pair like that when he was one....I just can't bear to get rid of them.