CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Hey, God.

Busy, Busy, Busy. This is the story of our lives. I actually enjoy being busy, but sometimes we miss out on so much happening at "this" moment because we are preparing for the next ball game, school day, church service etc.



Anyhow, tonight Beau was just barking and howling in the backyard. Not really sure why--there were some cats running behind the fence and that may have set our ferocious watch dog off. :o) Honestly, though, I think it was just God's way of getting us outside for a little bit. I keep telling Russ that I want a firepit in the backyard and I said it again tonight when I took Ruby out to talk to Beau for a minute.



Russ went outside and took an old grill we had and made it into a firepit of sorts. It's perfect, actually, because he put it beside the porch and on top of some stepping stones we had. Made it the perfect height to sit on the porch and enjoy.



I had laid Ruby down and Rusty and I grabbed a couple of marshmallows and joined Russ outside. The night sky was very pretty. Moon was almost full and there were patches of clouds here and there. Honestly, I was more interested in the marshmallows at the time, but then Rusty just very calmly looked up to the sky, waved and said, "Hey, God." Just like He was sitting right there with us.



It took me by surprise at first and my first reaction was to tell him to not be disrespectful, but he wasn't at all. He just knew God was there and could here us and see us and he told him hello. He then said, "Tell God, 'hey', Daddy." and Russ did. He said the same thing to me....If only I could always be so aware of God's presence.



I see more and more of why God says for us to "Come as a child."



We had a sweet night and made a sweet memory. One of those nights I want to bottle up forever. So I just blogged it up. :o)

0 comments: