CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was so nice to wake up this morning and just be able to stay home for awhile. We ALL slept until 7:30! I got up and started cooking a few things. My kitchen smells like a mixture of pumpkin, green bean casserole, and chocolate cookies. We are going over to Phillis' (Russ' mom) to eat around 1:00. We watched the parade and Rusty is now taking a nap.




I was talking to the kids yesterday and we went around and mentioned something we were thankful for. A couple of the kids had two or three things to say, but I came to this one boy and he said, "My parents are divorcing and I'm not thankful for anything." I pushed him a little and he went on to say that he was thankful for a friend that had been helpful to him. I am sad that my entire family isn't together for Thanksgiving, but I am sooo thankful for our family. I've already talked to mom twice this morning while making the banana pudding. I am thankful that they are only a phone call away. I am thankful that we have Rusty this year. He makes the holidays much more fun. God has given us a wonderful babysitter for him and that is a huge blessing. I am thankful for Russ. I have never met anyone more willing to help out than him. In fact, it's hard to keep him from volunteering for everything he can. Most of all I am thankful for God's mercy. He has been merciful to us to give us a loving family, a wonderful church family and a place to work, and He has given us eternal life. So Happy Thanksgiving!




Here are some snapshots from the past week...




Rusty has learned to take his cup "to go"





Bundled up for a walk to Walgreens. (There is a Walgreens about 4 blocks down. Walking there is a family favorite.)






Rusty was helping pull out the Christmas decorations.











Ready for church on Sunday.



Rusty loved his Thanksgiving card from Granny and Papa Jones!



1 comments:

MaMa Vaughn said...

Hey Rachel...this is Sarah Vaughn...a fellow Crownie=). Don't know if you remember me...but I remember you. I used to be Sarah Creed.

Your little boy is really cute...I love checking everyones blogs...it is addicting!=)I have one too...www.cheesecakeluvrs4life.blogspot.com. I have two kids now, they are soo much fun. Anyway, love your blog.