CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Enjoying Spring Break in St. Augustine

We did have a good time on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week in St. Augustine, though things didn't work out exactly as we had planned. The weather didn't cooperate with us as well as we hoped. It was very windy both days, but at least it wasn't intolerably hot.

St. Augustine is less than two hours away. It's a neat city with many historical sites. (Including where Russ and I got engaged. :o) It is actually the city where Ponce De Leon found what he thought was the "Fountain of Youth." We didn't make it to see that, but we did visit the fort (There is a Spanish name for the fort, but I've already forgotten it.) which we all enjoyed.

I love driving by this lighthouse. I want to go inside it someday. I was proud of this picture, I got it from the car while going down the road.
The gate entering the fort.
This is from the top of the fort. (I loved the way the clouds looked, too.)



This was the outside of the fort.

This is apparently the oldest schoolhouse in North America.


All we could handle of the beach was about a half hour picnic lunch. It was soooo windy.





Fortunately, we all did get to relax in the hotel some. Russ still hasn't stopped going with the house. Today he is rearranging the walkway that leads to the front door and we are planting some new plants tomorrow to replace the ones he dug up earlier this week.

I'm not necessarily ready for school next Monday, but I am mentally ready to just finish out the year. This is a good time of the year for me. The yearbooks will be coming in a couple of weeks and the Spring Play is 3 weeks away (Yikes!) It means busy times, but it is very fulfilling to see all of this come together at the end of the year.

Oh, yes, I told Mom I would post Rusty listening to me sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." It's something only a mother would love...

0 comments: